SmartTRAK Software Product Manager
- Company: BioMedGPS LLC, SmartTRAK
- Location US Remote Role, Reports to CEO, Sharon O’Reilly
- Consultant, Approximately 24 hours per week
The Software Product Manager is responsible for the vision and usability of SmartTRAK. The Product Manager works closely with various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long-term sustainability. In the execution of these strategies the Software Product Manager works with BioMedGPS departments to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs are met.
The Product Manager works with the Technology, Commercial (Sales), and Analyst teams to build and enhance SmartTRAK from existing ideas, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects. The Product Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The Product Manager conducts market research including working with customers to understand target audience needs and issues, and finds innovative solutions. The Product Manager will stay on top of current trends and develop long term plans for the success of BioMedGPS/SmartTRAK.
The Product Manager is the champion for the product and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work with Sales Team, Analysts and Technical Partner as well as Usability Partner to define product requirements. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for the software product offerings, working with Sales and key clients.
Software Product Manager also has some day-to-day systems support roles for BioMedGPS as the key technical consultant.
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of SmartTRAK including the coordination of activities across various departments.
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products & tools by conducting market research supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product e.g. technical vendors and integrations.
- Define feature roadmap for BioMedGPS’ SmartTRAK product based on business opportunities and market research.
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure
- Work with Analyst and Sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy
- Create feature descriptions for Business Requirements Documents. Write the product-related Business Requirements
- Validate detailed specifications.
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing of various feature releases.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Analyst, Marketing and Training teams
- Help develop and deploy key market software product messages and communication strategies for the product with Marketing team. (Including Release Notes and Demonstrations.)
- Manage Technology Partner and UI Partner work, prioritize and attend regular standup meetings.
- Collaborate with Technology Partner to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions).
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform of their potential applications to BioMedGPS business.
- Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at trade shows and key customer accounts
- Work with Training team to develop product training plan internally and externally
- Consult with Sales and Analyst team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a software product champion within the company
- Trouble shoot customer issues with the software including email deliverability problems and escalate with SMT.
- Email – Team is on a combination of Gmail (smarttrak.com) and Outlook 365 (biomedgps.com) via 3rd party Intermedia. 3rd party has had problems and we have considered transferring entire team to Gmail. CEO uses AOL and refuses to use company email. This has caused little to no interest in common email/calendar platform.
- DNS – maintain and make edits to Network Solutions account via CEO login
- Google Suites, Mail, Calendar, Files, is responsibility of this position
- Desktop Support – Currently no responsibilities, team is on a variety of machines including Macs and PCs, most are 1099s who supply their own hardware, some W2 team members have company supplied machines, usually MACs. About 65% of the BioMedGPS team members are below average in basic technical competency.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience combined with some postsecondary education.
- Product Management (PMP) certification a plus.
A Product Manager possesses a minimum of three years’ experience in Product Management, ideally with a deep understanding of the software development industry.
- Computer-literate in Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project as well as the Google Suite of products.
- Complete knowledge of SDLC (systems development life cycle).
- Demonstrated success defining, launching, and maintaining excellent
- Knowledgeable on use of computer technology in a business intelligence and research capacity is a plus.
- Knowledge of Financial Systems and Software as a Service business model and job experience
- Knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure
- Corporate CRM experience a plus (ideally HubSpot).
- Proven project management track record, with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with multiple input sources for requirements.
A Product Manager has exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients. Additionally, this professional is a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. He/she is highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth for BioMedGPS.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
- Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial.