Senior Analyst Orthobiologics and Regenerative Medicine
Location: United States
Reports to: James Petricek
Do you keep up with the latest trends in the Orthobiologics market? Are you looking for a position that leverages your expertise in this area? Are you a current or former marketing, market research or business development professional who has worked with Orthobiologics products and looking for a career change? If so, we would love to talk with you.
SmartTRAK, the leading strategic advisory and healthcare analytics provider in the life sciences industry. Our team continues to expand and seeks an Analyst to oversee coverage of the Minimally Invasive Orthobiologics market. The Analyst is a foundational role at SmartTRAK, offering broad responsibility, along with opportunities for personal growth and advancement. The Market Analyst will be responsible for researching and developing content for our suite of business intelligence solutions. We’re looking for a conscientious, team-player who can work independently, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial/small business environment.
SmartTRAK is the first real-time online business intelligence portal used by major orthopedic, wound, regenerative medicine and neuro therapies companies. We are driven by data but fueled by insights. Our market intelligence is curated by our analysts/industry experts. The top players in the industry rely on our real time business intelligence platform, analytics and competitive intelligence to make better, more informed strategic business decisions.
You have experience and/or knowledge of orthobiologics and regenerative medicine market (e.g. Platelet Rich Plasma, Bone Marrow Aspirate, Adipose Tissue, Hyaluronic Acid), with knowledge and understanding of the key companies, products and industry dynamics. You have experience conducting analysis and building presentations for C-level executives. You are intellectually curious and skilled at researching, analyzing and synthesizing data from multiple sources. You can easily communicate technical concepts through clear written communication. You are experienced in analyzing and consolidating research multiple market research inputs, including press releases, SEC filings, Wall Street analyst reports, government databases, synthesizing feedback industry contacts and interviews. You are comfortable working with a remote team and are excited to pitch in and help our growing business.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Continuously monitor industry landscape, manage daily updates covering company announcements, earnings, new product launches, clinical trial activity, patents, regulatory news and strategic deals/financing activity. Periodically update corresponding company and product profiles.
- Conduct detailed financial research on companies and products to inform market modeling, forecasting, market share assessments and trends analysis. Monitor and participate in relevant company earnings calls and review equity analyst reports.
- Lead preparation of quarterly market summaries and market recaps; lead preparation of annual market overview
- Periodically write, edit and publish articles pertinent to the orthobiologics market (e.g. spotlights on emerging companies, company interviews (CEO/VP level), industry trends)
- Serve as internal “expert” on segment; partner with sales team to prospect for new business, maintain relationships with current clients
- Attend scientific meetings (virtual or in-person) to remain current on industry, along with maintaining and developing new relationships with current and prospective clients
- Be available/flexible to work on additional projects as assigned, including custom consulting projects
- Professional communication and presence internally/externally
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Market Research, Business Development within the orthopedic medical device sector
- Deep insights and knowledge of the orthobiologics market, with a particular focus hyaluronic acid and point of care biologics such as PRP, BMAC and Adipose tissue
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience with forecasting and market modeling
- Extensive contacts within the industry with both companies and clinicians
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, can effectively manage across multiple projects and assignments
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, conducting online research, review and analysis of peer-reviewed journals and scientific information
Ability to work full-time (40 hour equivalent) or part-time, in a remote environment